In this second episode of Season 5 of Beyond the Thesis with Papa PhD, I’m sharing with you my conversation about reinventing yourself professionally with Kate Dahl.
Kate Dahl is the founder and career consultant for her company, Career Denmark ApS. She is an American who has lived and worked in Denmark for many years. She has helped many international job seekers successfully find and secure their dream role in Denmark.
What we covered in the interview:
- Embracing new paths outside academia for personal growth and reinvention
- Overcoming setbacks and failures by not defining oneself solely as a graduate researcher
- The importance of nurturing other aspects of life and embracing new experiences for overall mental health
- Getting out of one’s comfort zone and becoming part of new groups and tribes
- How to learn the culture of a new professional environment
- The significance of developing soft skills and effective self-presentation for job hunting outside academia
This episode’s resources:
Thank you, Kate Dahl!
If you enjoyed this conversation with Kate, let her know by clicking the link below and leaving her a message on LinkedIn:
You might also like the following episodes:
As always, if you find value in Papa PhD and in the content I bring you every week, click on one of the buttons below and send some of that value back to me by becoming a supporter on Patreon or by buying me a coffee 🙂