Are you feeling stuck, wondering what career options are available beyond academia? In this episode of Beyond the Thesis with Papa PhD, Dr. Rebecca Tadokera shares her journey from a PhD in Clinical Immunology to becoming the founder and CEO of her own medical writing and scientific communication consulting company.
Get inspired and learn about the exciting opportunities available today for graduates in the growing field of medical communications.
Questions we cover in our conversation:
- What challenges do PhDs face in finding tenure-track positions as professors after completing their degree?
- Dealing with feelings of failure PhD graduates may experience when they do not secure a tenure-track position?
- What is medical writing, and what are the different types of jobs available in the field?
- What is the entry requirement for medical communications companies, and what is the potential for growth within the company or as a freelancer?
- How can freelancers establish their business and market themselves in the medical writing industry?
Don’t miss out on this insightful and informative conversation!
Reach out to me or to Rebecca using the links below if you have any feedback or any questions for us.
Also, I’d love to get to know you better. If you have 60 seconds please fill out the listener survey in this link.
Thank you, Rebecca Tadokera
If you enjoyed this conversation with Rebecca, let him know by clicking the link below and leaving him a message on LinkedIn:
This episode’s resources:
You might also like the following episodes:
As always, if you find value in Papa PhD and in the content I bring you every week, click on one of the buttons below and send some of that value back to me by becoming a supporter on Patreon or by buying me a coffee 🙂